Pokemans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Member Statistics
Male Trainers: X Female Trainers: X -------- Male Coordinators: X Female Coordinators: X -------- Team Vector Grunt: X
Staff
WIP
Latest topics
» Swan Song (No, im not gonna kill myself)
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm by Raumulus

» Here yee, here yee
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:14 am by Raumulus

» Where be mah frands?
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 pm by Raumulus

» Twins Win! [invite only; Macha]
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:47 pm by Videl

» My Last Thoughts are of Home
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm by Asuka

» Quick Question
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 pm by Killerbunny

» Black & White Sequels Announced!
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm by Shichamatsu

» Clash of the Titans
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:44 pm by Jack

» Enjoying the City
Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:58 pm by Hayden

Djay’s Jams

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Affiliates
free forum

Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete)

3 posters

Go down

Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) Empty Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete)

Post  Killerbunny Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:47 am

Carve Your Name In History

Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) 376281_303965742957242_100000314553276_1008442_1825795502_a
'Do you really think it will be the best for everyone?'

We are who we are

Name: Miranda Baxter
Trainer Class: Class I
Career: Trainer
Likes Traveling and sleeping outdoors, Her friends and her Pokemon, Training, Having Purpose, Fish (They're tasty).
Dislikes Being unable to act as she chooses, those who believe they have no choice in their actions, well intentioned extremists, Seeing those she cares for hurt, Being Alone.

Appearance: Miranda can typically be found wearing loose sweatpants and a woolen sweater, hiked up on one side to give her access to the pokeballs at her belt. She wears goggles on her head although she rarely makes use of them and a scarf wrapped loosely about her neck as well as a black and white bag slung over her shoulder in which she carries her belongings. Her hair is straight and extends to her mid shoulder blades while the goggles keep it out of her face.
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Amber
Body Type: Slim, the body of a runner, not particularly muscular.
Personality: Miranda is a very neutral character in her interactions with others, judging people by their actions and their beliefs above all else. She is fiercely loyal to her friends and more than willing to lash out, even thoughtlessly so, against those who would stand against her and hers. Miranda can be quite loudly spoken and rather audacious at times, for the better or for the worse, often attempting actions that only work through a combination of the sheer audacity of the gambit and Miranda's rarely displayed cunning.

I Choose You!

Pokémon: Sol the Charmander
Pokémon's Personality: Sol has only just joined Miranda in preparation for her travel over the Galbarren region, Miranda having left her pokemon from Norte behind when she left. The two are no yet total companions but they are well on their way towards becoming fast friends as a pokemon and trainer should. Sol is friendly, a little awkward, but becomes determined to complete a task when they set their mind to it.
Moves:

• Scratch
  • Growl
  • Ember

Ability: Blaze
Tier: Tier I
Extra:

Step Into My Life

History: Miranda was born and raised in the Norte region, specifically the village of greenhorn. She became a trainer at the age of sixteen by the hand of professor Joshua who gave her Ignis, a mere charmander at the time. Joshua was one of the few professors remaining in the rapidly declining region and on that day Miranda and four other teenagers who had been made trainers in the same ceremony were to witness his murder by an organization calling themselves 'Team Rapture'. Miranda and the four other trainers, Lass, Lillian Quinn, Abram, and Jane, formed a pact with Joshua's grandson following that and set out to discover the truth behind the murder.

The journey was a long one, the five uncovering greater and greater signs of corruption within the Norte region as they travelled. The first few weeks were aimless wandering, a visit to deepdown city ventured to obtain the Toxic badge from the local gym leader as well as some useful pokemon from the underground industrial city before following a letter they found in Joshua's estate giving a time for a meeting in the town of Chrysanth. The letter turned out to be from a friend of Joshua named Beatrix, the gym leader of Chrysanth who elected to travel with the group as the crossed the ruins of TallenShire to the port town of Lanburg, where they fought the gym leader and gained their badge.

Miranda and her friends continued through Norte, growing stronger as they traveled and defeating the Gym leaders, following a trail of clue after clue as they pursued Rapture to the office of the region's administrator, Cassius Quisling. Quisling turned out to be allied with Rapture and upon his defeat, the final plot of Rapture was revealed, prompting the group to flee towards Greenhorn where Rapture was unearthing the final piece of the puzzle to summon Arceus.

Lass revealed herself as a spy amongst the group in the final battle, choosing to side with Rapture despite Miranda's attempts to convince her to the contrary. Lass was nearly killed during the battle before some intervention healed her, spiriting her away as well. In the end, Lass was still undecided and Miranda has made it her goal now to find her wherever she might be, to give her the second chance she deserves and to help uncover the real Lass that she had so often seen in their travels, the one that truly cared for her.

To that End, Miranda has come here, to Galbarren. She is starting from the bottom of the league with only a charmander, a mimickery of her beginnings in Norte one year ago.

(If this is too short I'm paring down a lot of the history so I can always add more detail if you want. I just didn't really want to go through every little twist in this particular tale.)

RP Sample: Huddled in the snow as she waited for the blizzard to pass. Miranda would have liked to tell herself she didn't cry any more...

But the sharp pins of ice that had stung her cheeks in the loneliness of every blizzard would tell another story. Her frozen tears, a stoppered expression of a grief that sat so deeply, only becoming apparent when it's holder was so completely alone that there was nothing else to look upon but the past.

Miranda fought with the compulsion for some time, determined not to revisit those painful memories but they came rushing back unbidden as her mind wandered, fresh even after almost two years since it had all ended.

Miranda had been a lucky one in a sense... She had been raised with love and kindness, brought to learn of this wonderful world filled with it's enchanting creatures and locations before she had departed, waving a tearful goodbye as she made her way to a small village where her journey would begin, one that would send her to experience the wide world firsthand as a Pokemon trainer.

She had been nearly giddy with excitement as the professor Birch had handed her her first Pokeball and Ignis had joined her, controlling herself enough just to give the professor a formal handshake before he walked on.

When did it turn from my dream into my nightmare?

A brief pause in the introspection left her to wonder where exactly her journey had gone so horribly wrong. She revisited the professor's death in front of their eyes, Quisling's reveal as a Rapture supporter, the final race across the region to confront Iscariot; but as with every instance of this question, the answer that she arrived upon was one she could not accept.

Miranda didn't care what had been said or what had been done, who had struck the first blow nor who had struck the last.

I will never accept that Lass was the deciding factor to our journey.

Miranda shook her head, shying away from that question she still could not answer only to run into her memories once more. Lass had been odd once upon a time, her mannerisms off at times and, in hindsight, so easily seen to be false.

And yet there were the moments, moments where Lass was a part of the group, regardless of what she planned to do, where she dropped her pretenses and accepted them just as they had accepted her.

She remembered campfires, laughter and smiles, talking and learning. She blushed a little, her cheeks stinging as the cold found the heat that rose to her cheeks for a moment at the memory of Lass's flirtations with her, unwelcome though they had been. The horror, however temporary, when Lass had learned of their near demise as a result of the locus crown's control of her. No acting could replicate the distress had shown in her eyes then. Never so perfectly...

Her eyes...

And reaching up to her face, Miranda felt the picks of pain once more, her tears having frozen on her cheeks even as her remembered self cried on her knees, tears falling to the bloodstained earth as Lass disappeared into time.

Miranda would like to say she didn't cry any more... But in reality, she couldn't. Her tears frozen to her face, never falling away to carry her sorrow away but freezing to her face instead, holding her grief inside even as she tried desperately to rid herself of it.

I would want to see her just one last time. To say sorry...

Miranda looked up to find the snow had slowed and in the distance a tongue of flame could be seen shooting up into the sky.

Shaking the accumulating of snow from her jacket, Miranda stood and made towards Ignis' signal, desperate not to be alone any more.

(This is a bit longer than I typically write wince I have much more room to move when I write centric stuff but this should give oyu an idea of the style and quality of my writing.)

Love Interest: Lass
Family: Her parents are now in their late fifties and have remained in Norte. Miranda has only seen them once since she began as a trainer and that was just before Departing to Galbarren.
Rivals: Iona Gunne, a woman that Miranda does not understand beyond knowledge that they do not like each other.
Best Friends/s: Lass, Lillian Quinn, Jane

Last edited by Killerbunny on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

Killerbunny

PokeDollars : 4

Back to top Go down

Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) Empty Re: Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete)

Post  Raumulus Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Just a clarification, all Trainers must start at Trainer class I unless they are a Gym Leader, Elite Four member, or applying for an Admin spot in Team Vector. Also, they can only begin with one unevolved pokemon, which means your charizard would have to be a charmander.
Raumulus
Raumulus
Team Vector Leader

PokeDollars : 43

Back to top Go down

Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete) Empty Re: Miranda Baxter (Tentatively Complete)

Post  Killerbunny Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm sorry, I asked Shichamatsu if it was okay for me to start higher if I had a sufficiently good RP sample, I was told this was acceptable. If it's not okay I can change it back, I was simply told otherwise.

Killerbunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Raumulus Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Oh sorry, I didn't know lol. No problem, if he said so that's fine. Ill let him check the app though.
Raumulus
Raumulus
Team Vector Leader

PokeDollars : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  Killerbunny Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Okay, I don't mean to break things, I just wanted to create Miranda higher to begin with since she's a character that I'm basically porting in from a Game of Pokemon Tabletop adventures I played.

Killerbunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Shichamatsu Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 am

Raumulus wrote:Oh sorry, I didn't know lol. No problem, if he said so that's fine. Ill let him check the app though.

You big bag of dicks!

@Bunny: Drop your character down a single Trainer Class and make your Charizard a Charmeleon. You can have my Pokedollars to evolve him to a Charizard, but youll have to wait til the forum actually gets finished. I dont want them, I didnt earn them via RP. You should also change its moveset while your at it.
Shichamatsu
Shichamatsu
Team Vector Admin

PokeDollars : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  Killerbunny Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:11 pm

... Y'know if I'd known it was gonna be this contentious I would have just gone with a class I and started fresh, getting my levels the normal way, I really don't mind doing that.

EDIT: Modified my profile to Class I and the Charizard to a Charmander, retconning the history for me to have not brought my Charizard from the old region and instead started completely fresh in Galbarren with a new Charmander. Don't worry about pokedollars, I'll earn them myself and make my way up, it'll be more fun that way anyways.

Killerbunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Shichamatsu Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 pm

All right, sorry for the inconvenience.

Approved

Shichamatsu
Shichamatsu
Team Vector Admin

PokeDollars : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum