Pokemans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Member Statistics
Male Trainers: X Female Trainers: X -------- Male Coordinators: X Female Coordinators: X -------- Team Vector Grunt: X
Staff
WIP
Latest topics
» Swan Song (No, im not gonna kill myself)
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm by Raumulus

» Here yee, here yee
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:14 am by Raumulus

» Where be mah frands?
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:53 pm by Raumulus

» Twins Win! [invite only; Macha]
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:47 pm by Videl

» My Last Thoughts are of Home
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm by Asuka

» Quick Question
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 pm by Killerbunny

» Black & White Sequels Announced!
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm by Shichamatsu

» Clash of the Titans
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:44 pm by Jack

» Enjoying the City
Question about pokemon battles I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:58 pm by Hayden

Djay’s Jams

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Affiliates
free forum

Question about pokemon battles

5 posters

Go down

Question about pokemon battles Empty Question about pokemon battles

Post  Hayden Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Are pokemon trainers (while in a battle)(including gym leaders) allowed to use ALL their pokemon in a battle? or only the amount of pokemon that the trainer with the least amount of pokemon has. Ex: if one person has 3 pokemon and the other has 5, is the one with 5 only allowed to use 3?

Hayden

PokeDollars : 18

Back to top Go down

Question about pokemon battles Empty Re: Question about pokemon battles

Post  Bryn Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:23 pm

I can only speak for Gym leaders, and only in the scope of what is covered in the application.

Gym Leaders all start with 6 Pokémon but can only use a set amount in Gym Battles. Gym's 1 & 2 use 2 Pokémon, Gym's 3 -5 use 3 Pokémon, Gym's 6 & 7 use 4 Pokémon, & Gym 8 uses 5 Pokémon.

This states that a gym leader will use a variable amount of their total pokemon against you, depending on how many badges you have when you encounter them
Bryn
Bryn
Bellgrove City Leader

PokeDollars : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanji Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

As for trainer vs. trainer, I would imagine the exact rules of engagement would vary from battle to battle. I don't believe we have any ideas as of now to force trainers to battle with less than their full team even if the opponent has less pokemon. Let's say your 3 v 5 example were happening. I imagine the person with 5 pokemon would agree, or not, to limit themselves before the battle started.
Kanji
Kanji
Seachrome Isle Leader

PokeDollars : 17

https://pokemans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shichamatsu Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Kanji wrote:As for trainer vs. trainer, I would imagine the exact rules of engagement would vary from battle to battle. I don't believe we have any ideas as of now to force trainers to battle with less than their full team even if the opponent has less pokemon. Let's say your 3 v 5 example were happening. I imagine the person with 5 pokemon would agree, or not, to limit themselves before the battle started.

Exactly. Gym Leaders can only use a certain number of Pokemon in one fight. And those Pokemon MUSt of their chosen type. They can hold other Pokemon outside their chosen Gym type, but those cant be used in Gym Battles. Trainer vs. Trainer can use any number of Pokemon at anytime. But, as youd imagine, most trainers would have enough honor to fight with an equal number. Unlike the games, though, trainer battles can be ended by simply returning your Pokemon and leaving. Most pokemon battles wont be to the death, thus they wouldnt be able to harm you as a result of ending the battle.
Shichamatsu
Shichamatsu
Team Vector Admin

PokeDollars : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Thank you for clearing that up

Hayden

PokeDollars : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuda Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Will Double, Triple and Rotation battles also be included. Or shall it just be the old school one on one.
Shuda
Shuda

PokeDollars : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanji Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Double and Triple battles would most likely work just like any other 2v2 or 3v3 in RP fights. As far as I know, we have no intention of restricting battlers to just 1v1s.
Kanji
Kanji
Seachrome Isle Leader

PokeDollars : 17

https://pokemans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shichamatsu Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 am

Kanji wrote:Double and Triple battles would most likely work just like any other 2v2 or 3v3 in RP fights. As far as I know, we have no intention of restricting battlers to just 1v1s.

We not be restricting, that would be retarded. The only time you'll have 1 vs. 1 restrictions will be Gym battles (unless its a double leader) and the Pokemon League. 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 4 etc...

Just have fun with it.
Shichamatsu
Shichamatsu
Team Vector Admin

PokeDollars : 80

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down